Thailand is an attractive destination for foreign investors seeking to establish their small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) due to its robust economy, strategic location, and business-friendly environment. However, navigating the visa and work permit requirements in Thailand can be a daunting task without proper guidance and expertise. To make this process smoother and more manageable, we have crafted a detailed checklist guiding you through every step of obtaining the proper documentation for your business endeavors in Thailand.
With Plizz’s professional assistance, you can now streamline the process of acquiring visas and work permits, leaving you free to focus on building and expanding your SME in Thailand. Trust our team of experts to help you understand each requirement and obtain the necessary permits and visas in an efficient and timely manner. Let our comprehensive guideline backed by Plizz’s experience and in-depth knowledge pave the way for a seamless and successful business establishment in Thailand.
1. Non-Immigrant Visa: The First Step for Foreign Investors
Obtaining a Non-Immigrant Visa is usually the first step for foreign investors looking to set up an SME in Thailand. There are several types of Non-Immigrant Visas, including Business (B), Dependents (O), and Education (ED). The most relevant visa type for business purposes is the Non-Immigrant B Visa, which allows visa holders to conduct business activities, apply for work permits, and obtain dependent visas for their family members. To acquire a Non-Immigrant B Visa, you will need several documents:
- A valid passport with a minimum of six months remaining validity
- Completed visa application form
- Recent passport-sized photo
- Letter of invitation or employment from a Thai company
- Business license and registration certificate of the Thai company
- Proof of adequate financial means
Plizz can guide you through visa application and provide assistance in preparing and reviewing the necessary documentation to ensure a smooth and hassle-free process.
2. Work Permit: Essential for Legally Working in Thailand
Once you have acquired a Non-Immigrant B Visa, the next step is to obtain a work permit, which allows you to work legally in Thailand. It is essential to note that working without a valid work permit can result in significant fines and deportation. The application process for a work permit involves the following documents:
- Completed Work Permit application form
- Non-Immigrant Visa and passport details
- Recent passport-sized photo
- Corporate documents of the hiring Thai company, such as business registration, certificate of capital, and list of shareholders
- Position and job description
- Educational and professional qualifications
- Employment contract or offer letter
As part of Plizz’s expert assistance, we ensure that your work permit application meets all legal requirements and is processed efficiently to prevent potential delays or rejections.
3. Visa Extension: Maintaining Legal Stay in Thailand
While initially issued Non-Immigrant Visas grant a stay of 90 days, you must apply for a visa extension upon receiving a work permit to continue staying in Thailand legally. An extension can be granted for up to one year and should be applied for at the local immigration office. The required documents for visa extension include:
- Completed visa extension form
- Valid passport and Non-Immigrant Visa
- Work permit
- Proof of financial means (at least 20,000 THB per month)
- Employment certification letter
- Corporate documents of the employing Thai company
Plizz can walk you through the visa extension process and help you gather and submit the necessary documents accurately, ensuring a timely extension and avoiding any legal complications.
4. 90-Day Reporting: Complying with Thai Immigration Rules
Foreign nationals holding a Non-Immigrant Visa and staying in Thailand for more than 90 consecutive days must report their address to the Thai Immigration Bureau every 90 days. Failure to comply may result in fines and other penalties. The reporting can be done through the following methods:
- Reporting in person at a local immigration office
- Authorizing a representative to report on your behalf
- Online reporting for eligible individuals
Plizz’s extensive knowledge of Thai immigration rules ensures that you remain fully compliant and up-to-date with all requirements, including the 90-day reporting, minimizing the risk of fines or other penalties.
5. Re-entry Permit: Preserving Visa Validity during Trips Abroad
If you plan to travel outside Thailand during your Non-Immigrant Visa’s validity, it is essential to obtain a re-entry permit before departure. Failing to acquire a re-entry permit can result in your current visa being canceled upon leaving the country, forcing you to re-apply for a new visa. You can acquire either a single re-entry permit or a multiple re-entry permit, depending on the number of trips you plan to make. To obtain the re-entry permit, you should provide:
- Completed re-entry permit application form
- Valid passport and visa
- Recent passport-sized photo
- Applicable fees
Our team at Plizz understands the complexities of maintaining visa validity during international travel and can help you efficiently acquire the necessary re-entry permit, saving both time and effort.
Navigating the intricacies of visas and work permits in Thailand can be a daunting task, but with Plizz’s expert assistance, you can confidently focus on building your SME. Our team of professionals is dedicated to providing personalized guidance and thorough support through every step of obtaining the proper documentation. By carefully examining your unique needs and situation, we ensure a seamless and stress-free process that will keep you compliant with all Thai regulations.
At Plizz, we offer professional assistance with business visa in Thailand and work permit applications, ensuring that your applications are successful. Reach out to us today to learn more about how our visa and work permit services can help you conquer the Thai market and achieve your entrepreneurial aspirations. Experience the benefit of timely, comprehensive guidance and let Plizz pave the way for your business success in Thailand.